Lower back pain can dramatically affect your quality of life, making it difficult to stay active and do the activities you enjoy. You don’t have to suffer with lower back pain. Your pain management specialist can help. Dr. Trisha Patel at Revive Pain Management in Anaheim and Newport Beach, CA, provides a wide range of pain management services, including treatment of lower back pain.
What You Need To Know About Lower Back Pain
Did you know that 80% of adults in this country will experience some degree of lower back pain? It’s true, according to the National Institute of Health. If you are one of the many people who suffers from lower back pain, you need to know the facts.
Lower back pain can be caused by a few factors, including:
- Trauma, from car, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents
- Sports injuries, from contact sports, tennis, and golf
- Medical conditions, like arthritis and degenerative spinal conditions
- Lifestyle issues, from a sedentary lifestyle and bad posture
For mild, occasional lower back pain, you can try a few simple home remedies, including:
- Resting to take the stress off your lower back
- Placing ice and heat on your lower back
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
- Doing gentle back stretches to relax tired, aching muscle
For moderate to severe chronic lower back pain, you should visit a pain management specialist. At Revive Pain Management, your doctor will assess your back pain, and determine the cause. Imaging studies including x-rays and MRI may be ordered to determine any structural issues or injuries. After a comprehensive examination, your pain management doctor may recommend:
- Prescription pain and anti-inflammatory medications to help manage pain
- Steroid injections to decrease swelling and pain
- Nerve block injections to reduce or eliminate pain
- Physical therapy to maintain flexibility and mobility
- Avoiding high impact exercises like running or jogging
- Practicing lower impact activities like swimming
Want To Know More?
To learn more about the causes and treatment of back pain, call Dr. Trisha Patel at Revive Pain Management in Anaheim and Newport Beach, CA. You can reach her in the office by calling (949) 396-0501, so call today.